Wednesday 20 January 2016

NY SERIES | THREE

             Wednesday was definitely my favourite day in New York - so prepare for a long post!

In the morning I went on a tour of the Garment District which gave me such an incredible insight into the industry! We were shown around by a lady called Imani Alexander who also has her own clothing line - she was very full on which I loved as it definitely woke me up!

First she took us to MOOD fabrics which was full to the brim of an array of different designer fabrics! We completed a short interactive activity which was intense but fun!


We then met The Wanderlust Girls - they were so lovely and told us all about how they entered the industry as well as any tips and tricks they have to pursue a successful career - thanks girls!

Follow them on Instagram - @wanderlustgirls 


Imani then took us to a building filled with different designers offering sample sales - this was incredible and way too tempting!





After the sample sales we then visited a store filled with fashion publications from around the world - I couldn't take any pictures in there but just picture in your brain all the magazines you can think of x1000000.

We also met Natasha Huang Smith who is a successful PR girl - who gave us an insight into her daily life and her experiences in her line of work!

Follow her on Instagram - @nhmediaprgirl

The Garment Tour lasted a few hours so we ended up getting pretty hungry - this resulted in us deciding to subway down to Chelsea Market!



The infamous Bacon Egg & Cheese from Amy's Bread!
I loved this wall in Chelsea Market - filled with post it notes from so
many different people!

We couldn't go to Chelsea Market and not visit The Highline - the weather was beautiful although very very cold!




We then grinned and bared the cold even more - hailing a cab up to the Rockerfeller Center to catch the view pre-sunset!


You can't not selfie with the Empire State!
That evening we went to Beauty & Essex for dinner! If you've been following my blog for a while you'll know I visited this same place on my first visit to the city and loved it so much that I had to return! Unfortunately the night we went we saw no famous faces, but it is definitely a regular haunt for the elite so we had to put our game faces on and act very important which was so much fun!




I loved this quote so much I just had to take a picture!
Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Myself, Wanderlust Girls Instagram. 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig