Monday 25 January 2016

New York Haul: Beauty/Skincare

Welcome back!

When I was in New York, its safe to say that the one store which bled me dry the most was Sephora - mainly due to the fact that the makeup giant doesn't exist in the UK.


Because of this, I saw fit to buy whatever I wanted - If any of you have ever visited a Sephora before then you'll agree when I say its like a very expensive sweet shop.


One of the first purchases I made was this Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Highlighter. I've had my eye on it for a while ever since purchasing it for a friend as a gift. A previous project I completed at University had me focusing heavily on different highlighters so I've definitely become a bit of a hoarder as a result. 

This shot really doesn't do the quality of the powder much justice.
It also comes with its own little applicator which is cute - I probably won't
use this as I have a range of trusty brushes that work perfectly.

If you're like me and don't like going anywhere without wearing makeup, then you have to go out and buy this product! I've always been self conscious about my skin ever since I was a young teen although its now almost always on its best behaviour. Sometimes I can't be bothered to do the whole foundation routine but this tinted moisturiser does the trick! It offers a bit of coverage which makes all the difference - I love you Origins!


I was sooooo excited about this - before going to New York I saw that ABH had released her new Brow Definer and I had my heart set on it immediately! I already have the Dipbrow Pomade which is amazing but this product is good for quick brow fixes.


I also picked up the Brow Powder Duo, again excellent for filling in and shaping brows very quickly!


I couldn't not pick up a Contour Palette - for $40 it was an absolute bargain! I went for the powder version as my skin is combination but more on the oily side, in the shade 'Light to Medium'.


Like in most stores - Sephora adopts the tactic of placing multiple products around their till areas in a bid to entice customers to spend even more money - it certainly worked on me. 


The same day that I got my hair blowed out and styled at DryBar I spotted this mini set - I already have the large yellow hair brush which I love but I thought this mini one would be good for my mam who has recently had a slight fringe cut into her hair. The two products included in the set were used on my hair and created a beautiful result, I just couldn't say no!


And then there was the array of face masks on offer. I loved that their was a member of staff to advise customers on which masks to buy depending on their skin type!

I hope you liked this mini haul post!

Love, Lana Skye x

Photo Credit: Google Images, Myself. 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig