Wednesday 6 January 2016

Social Media: My View

Now more than ever people feel the need to display themselves on social networking sites - the most prominent one being Instagram which has around 400 million active users per month.


When I first got Instagram in my early teens I didn't take it seriously at all, simply uploading what I wanted whenever I felt like it - my pictures having no thought or filter put on them. 

In a sense I am quite envious of my naive and uncaring attitude back then, as I feel that now I am a little too consumed by it. 

I love Instagram, I really do. I get to connect with my family, friends and followers predominantly through visuals which is amazing, but now I don't see it as just snapping a photo and uploading it immediately afterwards. If it doesn't fit in with my general aesthetic then it gets deleted. In one sense this is professional and therefore something that I will have to prolong in order to have a professional public presence, but a definite new year's resolution of mine is to make my feed more 'me'.

This will hopefully make me much more accessible and will reduce the amount of shallow minded followers I have who feel the need to message me if one of my images 'doesn't look right next to the others'. WHO CARES. 

My username is @lanaskyecaven if anybody would like to take a look at my page!

Love, Lana Skye x  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig