Friday 13 May 2016

Who Inspires me?

Parents.

Everyone has or has had them. They influence and shape our lives in so many different ways without us even realising it. It sounds cliché, but I couldn't love mine anymore if I tried.

If you think this is cheesy then stop reading. I created this blog to discuss things that I'm truly interested in and my Mam & Dad definitely fall into that category.

My Mam.

The relationship I have with her is one of a kind. I feel we've reached a point now where were best friends as well as mother and daughter. I can't go a day without hearing her voice. She makes me smile even when I'm in the worst ever mood (I swear that's a power only mother's possess). If she's happy I'm happy. If she's upset I'm upset - that's just the way it works with us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My Dad.

To me, he is the smartest man in the world. I don't think he realises it, but there's nothing I love more than coming downstairs on a morning at home, sitting in the big comfy armchair in the kitchen and listening to him talk about things. This could be anything, whether it be something funny my little brother Cole did the day before or something in the news that he feels strongly about. It just makes me smile. I think he can sense when I'm home sick, as I always seem to receive a letter in the post from him at university when it happens. (I actually got something from him today!)

They've both taught me so so much and have supported and pushed me in everything I've ever done.
I wouldn't be half the person I am now without their constant love. 
I've never met two people that work as hard as them, making me even more motivated to succeed in life and make them so proud their faces will ache from smiling. 

Love, Lana Skye x

Photo Credit: Google Images.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig