Friday 27 May 2016

If You're Creative Then This Is The Place To Be

Welcome back!

Last night, me and two other lovely bloggers for The Creative Quarter were invited to The Loom, located on High Pavement Street in The Lace Market area opposite the Nottingham Contemporary.



Once we arrived, we were warmly greeted by James and Samantha - a brother and sister duo whose passion for the place spilled out immediately. They shared with us an abundance of information, as well as enlightening us on The Creative Factory concept. James, being a highly skilled creative himself, wants The Loom to be a place where artists can come together and exhibit their work. They will have the opportunity to collaborate with ease, which is so so important!

The Loom is a bar/restaurant that opened last November, but has recently been beautifully refurbished. As you enter, everything is monochrome, resulting in feeling as though you've entered a time machine and popped out into an Old Hollywood movie. The gorgeous bay window and overall attention to detail had us overly impressed already, but then we walked in further and the excitement increased! 


Everything changed. The lighting, the decor. I felt like I was in a completely different venue. There was artwork referencing films that I've loved for years everywhere, such as childhood favourite 'The Wizard of Oz' and 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'. 





Although the whole place is incredible, what really stole the show for me were the stain glass windows situated at the rear. I could've stared at them for hours! They featured iconic figures such as Bob Marley, Debbie Harry (Blondie), David Bowie and Andy Warhol. 


I really want to express how wonderful The Loom is. Me and the girls had another event to attend, but if we hadn't then we would have happily stayed until they closed. Even though there was a networking event occurring at the time, we felt relaxed and almost 'at home'. 

If you're reading this and thinking "wow, this place couldn't get any better" then believe me when I say, it can! They serve a whole host of amazing food and drink, which again has been thought out down to the very last detail. All of the options have been named (the Ha "Loomy" Burger was my personal favourite) and James' talented partner Faye Finney was responsible for all of the illustrations found within the menu's. 


I think I was so consumed by where I was that I almost forgot to take many photographs, so please please please go and check this place out. I promise, you will not regret it!

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Myself. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig