Friday 1 April 2016

The Independent - Online Only

Print in general is something that I've found myself neglecting more and more over the years.

Yes, I do have a Vogue subscription and I make sure to visit a local independent magazine store in Nottingham on a regular basis, but I'll admit that I consume the majority of the news from around the world online. 


My Dad is a man who loves reading the paper, but he's very picky on which - making a recent event quite a big deal for him. Every Sunday morning he would head out to the shop to buy The Independent - a British paper that was established in 1986. 

Now however, this won't be included in his weekly routine, as the paper has printed its last batch and moved online. Of course, there will have been a number of reasons for this, such as printing costs and readership levels. The Independent was brought out daily, but my dad admits that he only ever bought it on a Sunday and I bet he wasn't the only one. 

If anything, its made me feel a bit embarrassed that we as human beings can't be bothered to get up off our bums and spend 80p on some sheets of paper that are 1000 times more insightful, giving our eyes and minds a break from our mobile phones and other devices.  

I feel much more inclined now to READ MORE.

What about you?

Love, Lana Skye x

Photo Credit: Google Images. 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig