Monday 12 September 2016

My NYFW Experience

Welcome back!

Apologies for not posting on Friday, as some of you may know I was working as an Usher at New York Fashion Week. It was an experience to say the least. Both show days were held at The Manhattan Center in the Hammerstein Ballroom - the most perfect venue. 


"Style Fashion Week, producer of globally recognized fashion events, provides top designers a world class platform to showcase their collections.  Each year Style Fashion Week presents the season's must see shows, unforgettable performances and exclusive installations.  Our expansive Style Marketplace immerses guests in fashion as well as art and design.  Guests directly engage with brands throughout the week."

Getting ready for my two day stint on Friday morning made me anxious but mainly unbelievably excited. I was actually about to work at NYFW - something I've only ever dreamed of in the past. We were told a week or so in advance to dress in black cocktail attire. This of course resulted in me raiding Zara to find something perfect for the occasion, even though the colour black makes up for about 80% of my wardrobe. We were quite literally thrown into the deep end as soon as we arrived on site. Everyone was busy getting the area sorted for the first show down to the tiniest detail. Everything had to be perfect. 


Being an usher was crazy but simple, only being made difficult if guests tried to sneak past and sit in seats that weren't assigned to them. For every awkward guest there were 100 lovely ones, always willing to have a conversation. If I had a dollar for every time somebody told me they loved my accent I'd be quite frankly rolling in it. I had such an amazing view for each show that took place, directly at the end of the runway. By Saturday evening my feet were murdering me but I didn't even care, I can now officially say that I have worked at New York Fashion Week. I can't wait to see what the remaining couple of days will hold.

If anyone wants a clearer insight into the designers/garments showcased, follow @StyleFW on Instagram. 

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Myself. 
Quote Credit: Style Fashion Week Website.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig