Friday 15 July 2016

My Thoughts On: Hayao Miyazaki

Welcome back!

Hayao Miyazaki is a Japanese film director, producer, screenwriter, animator, author and manga artist (now that was a mouthful!) His career has spanned five decades, achieving international acclaim for his incredible storytelling. Miyazaki has been described to combine elements of the greats in the industry, including Walt Disney, Steven Spielberg and Roald Dahl, what a compliment!

My absolute favourite films of his were produced in the Japanese animation studio 'Studio Ghibli'. Below I'll list my Top 5.

1) Spirited Away


Watch the trailer here.


2) Kiki's Delivery Service


Watch the trailer here.


3) My Neighbour Totoro


Watch the trailer here.


4) Howl's Moving Castle


Watch the trailer here.


5) The Cat Returns


Watch the trailer here.

After watching all of these films for the first time, I was shocked at how much I loved them as normally an animated style wouldn't appeal to me. The level of skill that has clearly gone into each and every shot is absolutely incredible! I really hope I sway some of you into watching at least one of the above, I promise you won't regret it!

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Google Images. 












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig