Monday 13 June 2016

The Design Studio Hawarden

Welcome back!

I am a girl, who like many others, can never have too many items of clothing. My collection of jackets and coats in particular seems to be growing extremely quickly, so you can imagine my excitement when I came across 'The Design Studio Hawarden' on Instagram. 


Here's a little background information if this is the first time you've heard of 'TDS':

The Design Studio, ‘TDS’ is a Mother and Daughter duo, made up of Sally (Mother) and Lettie (Daughter). Sally lectured in Fashion & Textiles for over 20 years and was always so passionate about teaching textiles, the history of fashion, fashion prediction, design and the construction of clothing. Since an early age, Sally took an interest to fashion design and making clothing. Lettie, an avid Social Media user took to Instagram to share the process of how clothes were being designed and made by Sally. 

Through Instagram, this created a huge interest and following from individuals all over the world wanting to own Sally’s unique, handmade creations. Lettie says that; “Having a Mum who taught fashion, has been a great asset for someone like me who is obsessed with the latest fashion and clothes! She has always made my outfits since I was a baby and my passion for clothing, style and design is all because of my talented mother who from an early age taught me about the importance of style, structure and shape”. Through this, Lettie has combined her love for both fashion and social media creating ‘TDS’.

Both Sally and Lettie design each garment and Sally then creates them from her Home Studio, in Hawarden. Each jacket is a complete one off, exclusive design making every ‘TDS Bomber Jacket’ entirely unique.


What I love the most about this brand is that the brains behind it are so tight-knit - just a mother and her daughter embracing their passion for clothing and sharing it with the world. I also adore the idea that every single piece that they create is one of a kind - perfect for all of the fashion fanatics that live for wearing garments they know nobody else owns. 

The only trouble I have with TDS is deciding which jacket to purchase - there are way too many that I like to just select one!

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: TDS Instagram.
Text Credit: TDS Website. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig