Monday 4 April 2016

Trend Alert: Rotation In Visual Merchandising

When I was in London on a recent university trip, I made a point of keeping an eye out for any trends
Almost immediately one caught my attention.

Store windows, especially in England's competitive capital city, have to be successful in that they draw consumers into a store - ultimately resulting in purchases being made.

When it comes to clothing, 99% of the time I always make sure I've actually seen the item in person and tried it on. That being said, I do love to online shop too. 

Although online shopping has become much smoother and more convenient for us, were limited in how we see and judge items were interested in buying. Yes, most websites provide an array of images, but sometimes that just isn't enough to satisfy me!

That's why I'm so intrigued by what I spotted - Rotation

Selfridges
Not only do we see items from all angles, but we also see how they move

& Other Stories
This dress for example swayed ever so slightly - implying how it would look when actually being worn. It's simple but in my eyes so effective!

What do you think? Would seeing an item of clothing you're interested in being displayed in this way sway you into purchase? Let me know in the comments below!

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Myself. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig