Monday 7 December 2015

The Nottingham Contemporary

So I finally decided to take a trip to the Nottingham Contemporary with a couple of my flat mates.

The Nottingham Contemporary is an art centre located in the Lace Market area. 

Weirdest shaped building I've ever seen.
One thing I loved about the exterior of the building was the lace incorporated in the ridges - you can't notice it until you're right up close!


There were four solo shows in each of the galleries which all reflected on identity and what it means to feel alien, but two in particular really stood out to me: 

This was so cool, the whole room was yellow and there were soooo many sets of headphones hanging from the ceiling that
you could walk in between and put on. 

Giant lips on a Grecian style piller - RANDOM

I loved the nail art in this shot!



The weirdest one by far that we found was a blacked out box room that had a really big dentist type chair in it. You basically had to lie down on the chair and look up to see a pair of shadowed hands making various different shapes - strange but oddly relaxing. 

If you're ever in Nottingham then I would definitely recommend going along for half an hour or so - it's completely free to get in!

Love, Lana Skye x 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig