Monday 29 August 2016

Exploring NYC: Chelsea Market

Welcome back!

Today I am taking my first classes of the Fall semester, making me a fully fledged Fashion Institute of Technology student. Yay! The past week has been all about settling in to life in the city, so I've made the most of it and visited some of my all time favourite places - one of them being Chelsea Market which is located in Downtown Manhattan within the Meatpacking District. 


"Chelsea Market has become in just fifteen years one of the greatest indoor food halls of the world, with more than thirty-five vendors purveying everything from soup to nuts, wine to coffee, cheese to cheesecake. Attracting 6 million national and international visitors annually, it is one of the most trafficked, and written-about, destinations of any kind in New York City. Chelsea Market is a neighbourhood market with a global perspective."



There is something about this place that gets me every time. The buzz is constant and the food is incredible. You'd think that the industrial interior would make it feel cold and unwelcoming but for me it has the exact opposite effect. I'd be happy to spend all day in there!



Out of all of the restaurants and cafĂ©'s available, my all time favourite is definitely Amy's Bread. I came here for the first time when I visited the city in June of last year. Me and my Mam were introduced to their Bacon, Egg and Cheese sandwiches and fell in love after our first bite! If you're ever stuck for something nice to grab on the go then give this place a try. 




Then there's the fairy light walkway. If you actually stand and watch people turn the corner, their reactions when they first see it is so cute! It makes you feel like you're in a dream world for all of 10 seconds. 



At the end of the market is when you hit the Artists & Fleas area. It's filled with loads of different independent brands such as 'I Am Here Brooklyn' who make the best postcards I have ever seen. (I may or may not have bought a couple yesterday - keep an eye on my Instagram for a picture of them!)






I hope you enjoyed this post, come back for more on Friday!

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Myself.
Quote Credit: Chelsea Market Website. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig