Friday 2 September 2016

My First Week As An F.I.T. Girl

Welcome back! 

It's Friday, which means I have officially finished my first proper week studying at the Fashion Institute of Technology. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it previously, but I'm majoring in Advertising & Marketing Communications. That being said, I've also had free reign to explore classes on offer from different majors such as Photography, so I feel as though I've got a good mix. The classes I have decided to take are:

Advertising & Promotion

Mass Communications

Faces & Places in Fashion

Styling for Visual Presentation

Photographic Styling

Some classes I've got more excited about than others, primarily due to the particular professor's that will be teaching me. There have been a couple of occasions where they've casually mentioned things they're working on at the moment or job roles they've had in the past and my jaw has quite literally dropped. Both of my styling professor's in particular had me seriously impressed. One of them has been an editor for both Vogue and Elle and the other is working on the Christmas window displays for Saks Fifth Avenue for this year. There's something so motivating and reassuring about being taught by people who are working in industry and have a serious level of experience. Faces & Places in Fashion is another class that sounds absolutely incredible. Every single week a guest speaker comes in to F.I.T. and talks with the class one on one about their roles within the fashion industry. One speaker I'm particularly excited about is Alexander Vreeland - the grandson of the iconic Diana Vreeland. If you don't know who that is then please look her up!


My plan is to keep you all updated week by week on any exciting projects I get up too in my more creative classes, as well as whatever else I've done that might be of interest to you. For example, I will soon be working two full days at New York Fashion Week - definitely keep an eye out for a post surrounding that.

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Google Images. 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig