Wednesday 21 October 2015

Dominant Trends

Hi! For one of our seminar tasks this week we were asked to find 3 examples of dominant trends in lots of different areas (dominant basically meaning current/popular in this case).

The areas we had to look into were:
COLOUR
GARMENT
PATTERN
GRAPHIC DESIGN/ILLUSTRATION
ENVIRONMENT/INTERIORS
MESSAGE/IDEA
ANYTHING ELSE YOU COME ACROSS

Initially this seemed like a lot of work, but I've noticed this pattern where once I start a task I get so into it and end up actually going a bit overboard (oops!).
I felt the best way for me to get my thoughts down was to create brief mind maps for each area and then I researched my ideas through different sources (Pinterest, Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Online, Real Life etc.)
I've included images of my work down below so you can kind of get my drift (I know they're not the best quality, i'll be investing in a decent camera soon, thank god!) Little Tip: If you're viewing my blog on a computer you can click on the images individually so they become readable!

COLOUR
Colour Dominant Trends: Military Green, Electric Blue, Burgundy/Berry.
GARMENT
Garment Dominant Trends: Bomber Jackets, Capes, Shirt Dresses.
PATTERN
Pattern Dominant Trends: Fringe, Aztec/Tribal, Black & White Stripe.
GRAPHIC DESIGN/ILLUSTRATION
GD/Illustration Dominant Trends: Handwritten Typography, Graffiti, Illustrations
replacing images.
ENVIRONMENT/INTERIORS
Environment/Illustration Dominant Trends: Fashion Houses designing home
interiors for the super rich, Old/Historical buildings becoming more appreciated
(Stirling Prize 2015), Stripped back look in cafe's, restaurants and retail.
MESSAGE/IDEA
Message/Idea Dominant Trends: Plus Size Models becoming more accepted,
Healthy Living becoming more popular, Transgender also becoming more
noticed/accepted.
I haven't gone into much depth as I know this won't be everyones cup of tea so I won't waffle, but after completing this task I really feel as though its broadened my knowledge on a wide range of areas (believe it or not we learn about more than just clothes in FCP) as well as changing my perspective on how I look at certain things i.e. as more of a creative than a consumer. 

Again, I apologise about the poor picture quality, but i'm not going to let it stop me blogging! If anyone wants to ask any questions about any of the research I did then feel free to comment down below!

Love, Lana Skye x 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig