Wednesday 7 October 2015

FCP Pre Arrival Activity

Hi! I'm currently in my second week of uni life at Nottingham Trent studying Fashion Communication and Promotion and am absolutely loving it (although I do miss my mamma a hell of a lot). Before arriving at university, in fact before I even knew if I had achieved the grades I needed to get onto this highly oversubscribed course, I was set an activity to complete which I would then bring with me to present and discuss during Fresher's/Induction Week.

The description of the activity was as follows:

Identify examples of what you feel are some of the best Fashion Communication and Promotion touch points. Who in your opinion is translating, projecting or exploring fashion codes and messages in an innovative and exciting way?

What are you reading, watching or following? Keep in mind emerging technologies, new platform hybrids and social networking advancements. We are interested in your perspective, introduce us to your current preoccupations and fashion favourites!

Select, print, photograph or collect the following:
  • Three digital examples
  • Three printed examples
  • Three retail examples

When I first read through what I had to do I definitely PANICKED but once I actually sat down and thought about it I realised how exciting and fun it would be! 

I'm a massive lover of making things look aesthetically pleasing so I decided to display my choices on 3 separate mood boards like so...

DIGITAL: Missguided's Instagram Feed, Charlotte Fisher's Blog
& Tanya Burr's Youtube Channel.

PRINT: Where's Karl?, LOVE Magazine & COMPANY Magazine.

RETAIL: Beauty & Essex Restaurant NYC, Harvey Nichols Window
Display Edinburgh & Ralph Lauren Jenner's Concession.

It turned out that there was no reason to get worked up about this task, the staff put everyone at ease and we all discussed our ideas with one another so it was very relaxed! Now that I have no need for these mood boards I couldn't bring myself to hide them away so they've ended up sitting on my desk top in my room to make it look a bit less empty looking...




Love, Lana Skye x 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig