Monday 19 September 2016

Exploring NYC: Smorgasburg Food Market

Welcome back! 

I have now officially been in New York City for a whole month, I can't quite believe how quickly the time is flying by. Before I arrived, I created a bucket list. One of the things that features on it is to visit Smorgasburg, a giant all-food market located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I finally got around to doing this and it was one of the best days I've had in the city so far!


There were around 100 different vendors at the market in total. The locations was perfect, right next to a little beach which gave customers the most incredible view. Due to their being so much choice, you can imagine how long it took me and my friends to decide exactly what we wanted to fill out tummies with. 


After walking around a good few times, I settled for a brisket sandwich with all of the trimmings (it tasted just as good as it looks)! If you've never scrolled through the Smorgasburg Instagram then you've been seriously missing out. Definitely don't do it when you're hungry though, it'll definitely make you sad about all of the amazing food you can't get your hands on!


One thing I've had my eye on for the weeks before coming here was the waffle cones. I saw the stand as soon as I walked into the market but thought I would save myself until after I'd had something savoury to eat. This was the biggest mistake ever. When I walked back to queue up there must have been a good 50 people in front of me. Judge me all you want, I waited just under an hour, but look at how beautiful it was...


I can honestly say it was worth it. I opted for the original waffle with vanilla ice-cream (yes, that multi-coloured stuff is vanilla), chopped up strawberries and fruity pebble dusting. I left feeling so full but soooooo satisfied - I can't wait to go back next weekend! 

Love, Lana Skye x 

Photo Credit: Myself. 
SHARE:

1 comment

© Love, Lana Skye. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig